Symposia and Talk Sessions
Symposium and session chairs are asked to strictly keep to the schedule of the sessions to allow attendees to switch between sessions. Each talk is allocated a time slot of 20 minutes. We recommend that the presentations last about 15 minutes, followed by a 5-minute discussion.
PC computers for PowerPoint or PDF presentations are available in all lecture halls. Please refrain from using your own laptop to save time for the presentations and to avoid compatibility problems. Please make sure that your PowerPoint presentation is compatible with Microsoft PowerPoint for Windows. We kindly ask you to bring a flash drive/USB stick with your presentation file. Please hand your flash drive to our technical assistants at the lecture rooms at least 10 minutes before the start of your session. Presenters who prefer to use their own laptop computer are required to bring their own own adapter cables and to check their functionality in advance.
Posters should be in portrait orientation with a size of A0. Most poster boards are 1m wide and 2m high, so a bit larger than A0 will still fit. It is recommended to print the poster in a high resolution (at least 150 dots per inch, 4950 x 7050 pixels). For readability, it is best to divide the poster in two or more columns, to be read from left to right. Use fonts of 3.5cm high or more for title and 2cm high or more for name and 1cm high or more for affiliation. Use font 24pt for the text body. Posters should ideally contain small amounts of easy-to-access text and supportive illustrations.
Material to mount the poster will be available. Mount your poster before the beginning of your poster session, and remove it right after the session. Please be present at your poster throughout the session.
If you don’t want to travel with a poster, you can consider printing it in Vienna. Below are some shops where you can print your poster:
- Facultas, Open Mo-Thu 9:00 – 16:00 Uhr and Fr 9:00–14:00. Maximum print size: A0 (841×1189 mm).
- Die Kopie Uni Wien, Universitätsstraße 8. Open Mon-Fri 8:30 – 18:30. Maximum print size: A0 (841×1189 mm).
- Copy-Studio, Ferstelgasse 6. Open Mon-Fri 8:30 – 18:00. Maximum print size: A0 (841×1189 mm).
- PRINTSHOP, Stadiongasse 5. Open Mon-Fri 9:00 – 18:00. Maximum print size: A0 (841×1189 mm).
- Repa.neo, Nußdorfer Str. 19. Open Mon-Sat 8:00 – 20:00. Maximum print size: 152 cm wide.