- ESCAN conferences, meetings and events are professional scientific meetings that provide a respectful, harassment-free and inclusive environment for all participants, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, appearance, ethnicity, race, national origin, age or religion.
- Harassment in any form is not tolerated at the ESCAN conference, or other meetings organised by the Society. Participants are encouraged to report any observed or experienced harassment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any audio recording, or filming of presentations at the conference, including of scientific posters is not acceptable without the expressed consent of the presenter.
- Mobile phones, tablets, computers and other electronic devices must be set to silent mode throughout all scientific sessions of the Conference.
- Smoking is prohibited inside the entire congress centre, except in designated smoking areas where applicable.
- Where alcoholic beverages are available in the context of the Conference, participants are expected to drink responsibly. Individuals that are visibly under the influence of alcohol or other legal or illegal substances will be escorted from the Conference venue and will not be allowed re-entry.
- All data and scientific research that is presented at the ESCAN conference and other meetings shall be based on original research findings that have been derived from procedures and experiments that adhere to the accepted guidelines for good ethical and experimental research conduct.
- The conference organisers/ESCAN reserve the right to take any action as deemed necessary as a consequence of any breach of the present Code of Conduct. This includes reporting to host institutions and permanent removal of ESCAN credentials.
For the full form of the Code of Conduct see ESCAN (escaneurosci.eu).